05 August 2014

Healthy food?

My mum made a turkey chilli one time. It was good. I donno what she did but I made this:

1 lb-ish of turkey. Butcher had ground turkey breast and thigh, so I got half of each; only since thigh is cheaper obv.

1 half an onion. Chopped.

>Cooked onion in olive oil, added turkey and more olive oil as needed. Cooked turkey. Added salt and peppah. Added:

1 cup of water

2 cans of beans. I had 1 can of black beans and 1 can of great northern beans on my shelf, so I dumped out the water, rinsed and used those.

1 big can of diced tomatoes.

The frozen corn that was left in my freezer. Probably about a cup or so.

1 tbsp of tumeric. It's good for you.

1 tsp of cinnammon. It's good for you.

1 tbsp chilli powder. This is chilli.

1 tbsp cayenne pepper

2 big long giant squeezes of sriracha. I put this in at the end. It needed more spice. Needed more salt, too.

Once it was boiling I turned the burner to low and left it for an hour stirring when I remembered it.

Turned out really yummy. Fed me and chris and had three ziploc tupperwares of leftovers. It's a bit watery though, maybe skip the water part? Or add rice to it. Oh you could add rice and make it into burritos. That would be great. Nom Nom.

No comments: