01 November 2014

Story time!

I've been struggling in my research to find inspiration to really make my troy story unique. I've written a couple more chapters but I kept feeling like it reminds me of this or that authors story about troy, or i'm trying too hard here to make this character different from this or that one...anyway it has been really hard to find that spark lately to keep it fun and exciting. I know this is silly but one of the things I love about writing is that I can come up with great scenes and fall in love with my characters, or one of them tells a joke and i think it's the funniest thing ever until I remember I'm just laughing at my own joke. Anyway, I found this dumb article about Amazon warrior names and was all I should ignore it. No Jackie, this is important. You don't ignore research. The Amazons come to aid Troy, and you haven't read much about them yet. Okay fine. So I read it and turns out they had awesome nicknames, which makes them all together much more fun and much less serious than I was making them out to me. A lot of the Greek and Roman stories also sexualize them so I always imagined them in skanky Xena outfits. This will be much better to work with. Yaay! Here's the article in case you want to give it a quick look.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/09/140923-amazon-greek-vase-translations-science/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=link_fb20140924news-greek&utm_campaign=Content&sf4783391=1

No comments: